As a woman, you know how unique your health care needs are. At FamilyCare of Kent, our board-certified nurse practitioners provide the preventive care, along with diagnostics and treatments, women need for vibrant health and optimal day-to-day function.
What Are The Most Pressing Health Care Needs Women Have?
It’s important to remember that women differ from their male counterparts in musculoskeletal structure, cardiac output, and onset of expression of heart disease. Studies even indicate that female respiratory health, including the severity of asthma, differs from that of males. Finally, pregnancy, menstruation, and menopause pose unique challenges for woman.
Your healthcare provider should be up to date on diagnosing and treating female health needs and in providing a wide range of preventive services. One of today’s most asked about concerns is breast cancer. Others include:
- Mental health concerns, such as depression, anxiety, and stress reduction
- Sleep issues, such as insomnia and sleep apnea
- Weight control, eating habits, and eating disorders
- Changes in skin, hair, and nails
- Bone density
Other Questions Women Frequently Ask Their Primary Care Provider
- When should yearly gynecological exams begin?
- When should I receive my first mammogram and bone density test (DEXA scan)?
- Should I undergo regular testing for STDs?
- What vaccinations do I require as an adult, and when should I get them?
- Should I get genomic screening for a cancer, which seems to run in my family?
- What kinds of nutritional supplements and vitamins should I take?
- How much exercise do I need?
- How do I know what is a healthy weight for me?
- How can I stop smoking?
- How much alcohol is it safe to consume?
- How often should I get my hearing and vision screened?
How Can a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Help Me And My Health?
Your nurse practitioner in Kent, WA, is highly trained and experienced in meeting a wide range of healthcare needs. They understand gynecological diseases, including sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and they guide scores of women through the intricacies of birth control, preconception health, and pregnancy.
Plus, your nurse practitioner is an expert in preventive health care–everything from nutrition, exercise and weight control to preventive care for cancer (breast, cervical, and more). Your NP can update your vaccinations, maintain your medical record, coordinate care with specialists outside our practice, educate you on medications, lifestyle choices, such as tobacco and alcohol, and test you for a wide range of acute diseases, such as strep throat, flu, urinary tract infection, and more.
FamilyCare of Kent in Washington
Your team of nurse practitioners at FamilyCare of Kent is dedicated to delivering state-of-the-art medical care that is approachable, patient-centered, compassionate, evidence-based, and effective. We want all our patients to feel safe and confident enough in our care to ask any question or pose any problem related to their mental, emotional, or physical health. We are here to take care of you as a woman, not just as a chart with a list of symptoms and medications.
So, call us at (253) 859-2273 today to discuss your health concerns and get a comprehensive care plan going forward. We want you to thrive! You can also fill out our convenient appointment request form online.